|My Home FAQ|
About My Home
My Home is the main entry page for D2L. It is the first page you and your students see after signing in to D2L. Like the Course Home page, this page contains a News section. However, this News section is controlled by the D2L Support Staff and is used for system announcements. Also, like Course Home, My Home provides you and your students with access to D2L's Schedule tool. You may also change a variety of preferences or use the Role Switch tool.
When you first log in to D2L, you are presented with the My Home page. From this central portal, you can:
• View news posted by D2L administrators
• Access your courses
• View information about events
• Update and change your preferences
Note: The organization and layout of this page may vary depending on the preferences set up by you.
The navigation bar at the top of the Home page is referred to as the My Home navigation bar, and, depending on how you have set up the page it may contain commonly used links such as My Home, D2L Help Pages, D2L Email, Locker, and Logout.
Other features of the My Home page include:
- Welcome Box: The Welcome Box contain links that allow you to customize your preferences, create or edit your homepage, edit your profile information and add a picture, and access your locker. It is important to note that not all settings are available to all users.
- Events: The information in the Events area is linked to the Calendar tool. You can use this tool to create and view personal and organization-wide events.
- News: Up and coming events for D2L will be posted in this area by D2L Administrators. Check this section on a regular basis to keep up-to-date on organization-wide news.
- My Courses: Lists your current D2L courses.